IBM has announced the new LinuxONE Emperor 4
– A step forward for any sustainability mission – less power, smaller footprint – with industry leading performance and security
IBM announces the LinuxONE Express, bringing the mainframe to the price point of standalone servers.
Note: Preliminary sizing estimates are done remotely with an informal, introductory call.
LinuxONE Powers Critical Applications
IBM’s LinuxONE powers critical applications including Oracle Database. LinuxONE’s ultrafast 4.5GHz CPUs run in a mainframe-class integrated system with three levels of cache, optimized to get the most out of every processing core. Dedicated, non-application-licensed cores handle I/O and other secondary tasks, freeing the licensed cores to concentrate solely on the application. Result – fewer licenses needed.
Encryption runs on logic embedded in the processor chip, providing system wide security with near-zero impact on system performance. Similarly, compression is provided by an on-chip co-processor, reducing storage requirements while adding minimal overhead.
High-availability is inherent to LinuxONE, due to features like seamless, invisible failover to spare CPU cores, and RAIM (redundant array of independent memory), and complete power redundancy. LinuxONE is designed to provide 99.9999% or greater availability.
LinuxONE can be a powerful, efficient platform for consolidating sprawling x86 farms, simplifying datacenter operations and controlling costs. It adds security and better storage management…all while retaining the familiarity and simplicity of Linux.
Key benefits of LinuxONE:
- Ultimate uptime – Downtime is virtually eliminated.
- Mainframe-grade processors on a Linux Platform – consolidate hundreds of x86 cores onto a single platform while staying on the Linux flavor of your choice.
- Hardware Data Compression – Accelerating performance and reducing storage requirements.
- Data Security – Pervasive encryption means applications and data all in one end-to-end, “everywhere-encrypted” system.
- Integrate seamlessly into your hybrid multi-cloud infrastructure.
- Scalability – Expand and grow seamlessly.
- Cost – Application licensing costs may be substantially reduced by running on fewer, more powerful and efficient cores.
The benefits of a mainframe-caliber system – performance, security, scalability – no longer require managing a closed, proprietary OS. LinuxONE can integrate into your current Linux environment with little to no disruption.
Contact us for more information!