Maintain Speed at all Times!
IBM LinuxONE versus x86.
LinuxONE outperforms x86 systems when running demanding, mission-critical applications, including engineered systems. Why? Yes the CPUs are mainframe-class and fastest in the industry at 5.2GHz. But there is also Workload Management. LinuxONE recognizes and prioritizes critical applications to eliminate any degradation caused by competing, lower priority tasks. VMs in x86 systems can’t make that claim. Below is a graphic illustration
Note: Preliminary sizing estimates are done remotely with an informal, introductory call.
There are additional reasons LinuxONE uses fewer cores to run applications better:
LinuxONE is a comprehensive solution for the datacenter:
IBM LinuxONE versus x86:
- Ultimate uptime – Downtime is virtually eliminated.
- Mainframe-grade processors on a Linux Platform – consolidate hundreds of x86 cores onto a single platform while staying on the Linux flavor of your choice.
- Hardware Data Compression – Accelerating performance and reducing storage requirements.
- Data Security – Pervasive encryption means applications and data all in one end-to-end, “everywhere-encrypted” system.
- Integrate seamlessly into your hybrid multi-cloud infrastructure.
- Scalability – Expand and grow seamlessly.
- Cost – Application licensing costs may be substantially reduced by running on fewer, more powerful and efficient cores.
The benefits of a mainframe-caliber system – performance, security, scalability – no longer require managing a closed, proprietary OS. LinuxONE can integrate into your current Linux environment with little to no disruption.
Contact us for more information!