Note: Preliminary sizing estimates are done remotely with an informal, introductory call.
IBM’s LinuxONE is an excellent option for running demanding, mission-critical applications. Why?
One important reason is Scalability. Scaling up from an engineered system that’s at capacity typically requires adding whole installations of the same or larger system. LinuxONE scales easily in any increment up to the size of multiple Exadatas within the same footprint. Whole-box upgrades will be few and far between.
And there are other compelling reasons:
- Ultimate uptime – Downtime is virtually eliminated.
- Mainframe-grade processors on a Linux Platform – consolidate hundreds of x86 cores onto a single platform while staying on the Linux flavor of your choice.
- Hardware Data Compression – Accelerating performance and reducing storage requirements.
- Data Security – Pervasive encryption means applications and data all in one end-to-end, “everywhere-encrypted” system.
- Integrate seamlessly into your hybrid multi-cloud infrastructure.
- Cost – Application licensing costs may be substantially reduced by running on fewer, more powerful and efficient cores.
The benefits of a mainframe-caliber system – performance, security, scalability – no longer require managing a closed, proprietary OS. LinuxONE can integrate into your current Linux environment with little to no disruption.
Find more about IBM LinuxONE here
LinuxONE vs. Exadata for Oracle Database
Contact us for more information!